Lizzie Nunnery with a great version of Hughie Jones’ song Ellan Vannin, about the SS Ellan Vannin, the paddle steamer that sank in the Irish Sea in December 1909. Read the history of the SS Ellan Vannin (which is the Manx name for the Isle of Man), on Wikipedia.
- Songlines Review of the 2012 Irish Sea Sessions CD
- A Magnificent Night In Liverpool
- Spoiler Alert – iPad video clip from soundcheck!
- Meet The 2013 Irish Sea Sessions Musicians
- Welcome to The Irish Sea Sessions 2013!
- Ian Sings “Maybe There Is A God After All”
- Lizzie Sings Ellan Vannin
- Come Together!
- Down The Back Lane – track preview of the new CD!
- Pauline sings Deartháirín ó Mo Chroí
Great version from a very talented lady. Note bass player checking his watch to see if pub is still open.
Ha! Well spotted, Mike!
Is that the feckin time?
Just found out that I lost two great uncles that night, they were crew members. It was lovely to hear this heartfelt song xx my uncles were John and Frederick Craine. Xx